User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:30:58 PM EDT
Second Gen G17
3 17 round mags  
Tupperware + cleaning rod and brush and plug for swab
1 box wolf ammo (bleh)
Some kind of made in China ammo
a mag full of Hydrashoks
I think this thing on the grip that adds finger grooves is called a Glock sock?

Grand total??
$355

(Glock haters need not reply)
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Jim
with just the glock and mags you did ok and have saved a couple of hundred for ammo I prefer the gen 2 with the houge handall grip to the gen 3 built in grip happy shooting
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
jesus that's a deal.. give me the letters in the serial # and i'll give you a production date.  Good job

J
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
FR

ETA: checked on glocktalk and didn't see my letters over there.

ETA2: Looking again it's likely a summer 1989
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
aim 4
I'll bite mine is AAR   ? think its about 90 got it recently used 3rd hand???????
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Obligatory pic:

Note the stapler!

ETA: Purchased from a LEO friend.  I think he purchased it from a LEO friend.  It looks like he's wirebrushed the barrel, but not swabbed it with anything?  I can do that tomorrow.  I know he didn't shoot it much, only to qualify as far as I know.  If he didn't sell it to me, he was just going to sell it to a dealer.  Dealer(s) offered him $325 for gun and mags.  I gave him $325 for gun and $10/each for mags.

ETA2: Two mags are identical, they both have Glock-marked floorplates with the number 455.  The other mag has no marking on floorplate. Also has a different follower.  All mags are not LEO marked.  I think he told me he had the springs replaced some time ago.  I'll have to ask him tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe that slip on grip is a Hogue grip. It's for any pistol. They work good though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Good job!  Nice peestola!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Grip appears to be pebbled(textured) to match the pebbling on the grip of the gun.  IOW, it lines up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Your 3 letters aren't listed either, but likely 1992.
See here

Quoted:
aim 4
I'll bite mine is AAR   ? think its about 90 got it recently used 3rd hand???????

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Bravo! Well done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold my G19 with 2 15 rd mags and Hogue grips and a holster for $425 with no ammo about 6 years ago.  It had around 1K rounds through it and was only in a holster during IDPA matches.  I thought I was giving the guy a really good deal because the mags were hard to come by in my neck of the woods.  I think that you got a good deal.  I liked the 17 better than the 19 because I am 6-2 and my hands didn't like the little grip.  I wish I had it back now, though...I should have learned in the last three gun sales that you should never sell due to financial circumstances.  You will soon forget about the month of eating Ramen noodles with no beer, but you will never forget the gun that you used to have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top