Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 3:48:24 AM EDT
Hello.

I have not posted before on the handgun boards before, please forgive me

I am looking at getting a new or used Sig P220, which I believe is the .45. I am still saving for the pistol but I would like to pick up some high cap mags while I can. I looked in the EE and didn't see any.

I know that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks. Eric
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello.

I have not posted before on the handgun boards before, please forgive me

I am looking at getting a new or used Sig P220, which I believe is the .45. I am still saving for the pistol but I would like to pick up some high cap mags while I can. I looked in the EE and didn't see any.

I know that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks. Eric

220s don't use 'hi-cap' mags .  Mags for them are 'standard-cap' single stacks and only have 7 or 8 rounds each never affected by the assault weapons ban either way.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't I look stupid. Take me out back and beat me

Not that you have cleared that up, I still would like some extra mags. Where do I get them from and who are the best manufacturers to get. Is it possible to get LEO mags for a P220.

Thanks Eric
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The newer Sig factory SS mags are the best I have found for mine, and I greatly prefer them to my older blued steel Sig factory ones. There are no "LEO" mags that I am aware of with the possible exception of a few more or less junk aftermarket 10 rounders that may be floating around...stay away from any 10 round mags for these guns in any case unless you just want to pick one up cheap to play with. There do exist factory 8 round mags, but the general concensus of LE agencies that have used them was that they are not as reliable as the stock 7rd. mags. You will find various individuals who may say that they have had no problems with their one or two 8 rounders, but I speak of hundreds of mags carried and used by hundreds of officers for several years...take it for what it is worth to you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't I look stupid. Take me out back and beat me

Not that you have cleared that up, I still would like some extra mags. Where do I get them from and who are the best manufacturers to get. Is it possible to get LEO mags for a P220.

Thanks Eric

I find genuine SIG mags great and also ACT mags.  ACTs have been 100% reliable in my two 220s and are less than 1/2 the price of a geniune SIG mag.  $50 vs $20 take you pick both work  www.copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top