Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 9:26:15 AM EDT
during the ban? Like Berettas, Rugers, ect.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
t
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
long-legged followers?

?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've seen, most "double stack" mags (hi caps) were reduced in capacity by either molding "indents" in the sides of the mags (making the rounds stagger less), or by replacing the bottom of the magazine with a solid plastic chunk, so you have a double stack 10 round mag on top, then a plastic "spacer", then the floorplate.

Edit, Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay.

I had heard the Berettas had modified followers.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
no idea on .40
but I checked the followers on my preban and post ban 9mm beretta 92 mags and they're the same. it looks like they get 10 rounds by having ridges in the mag body which must make the rounds sit in a closer to single stack arrangement than normal
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The 10 round and 11 round Beretta .40 mags are not the same. Do a side by side comparison and you will see that the 11 rounder is very slightly longer and uses a different floorplate. Beretta engineers wanted to be certain the springs did not overcompress if left loaded for long periods of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top