Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 3:56:48 AM EDT
I've been thinking about getting  a Glock for my first 9mm but have heard the little metal rails attached to the frame that hold the slide can come loose after heavy use.  Anyone else every hear of this or is it just a rumor?  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, that last a long, long time. The rental Glock at my now closed indoor range has 750,000 on the original factory frame. The slide was relpaced at 500,000 rounds. The round count is what the customer ammo from the range, they know that some people smuggle in ammo from the outside and it proabably higher.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa, that's alot of rounds.  How long are glock barrels supposed to last?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
23K on my GLOCK 19 with ZERO malfs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my G17 since 1999 and have shot more rounds through it than I can even count.  Never had a problem with anything.  For my money Glocks are the best.

I love my Glock.  If I was not married, and it was possible to marry a handgun, I would marry my Glock and we would have baby Glocks together.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]

I love my Glock.  If I was not married, and it was possible to marry a handgun, I would marry my Glock and we would have baby Glocks together.

I love my Glock too... but dude... ewww.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my G17 back in 1988 seeing as it fit my needs for a carry gun at the time. NOBODY liked them at that time and I mean NOBODY. They are NOT indestructable but are a good general use tool for the average person. BUT  when using high pressure loads they begin to have problems. The rails do give way and the frame begins to scuff when the slide shaves away at it.  Mine loosened up abit and accuracy degraded abit.  The frames are pretty light and get HAMMERED by that lead brick of a slide. Mine was WELL used with NATO +  pressure ammo as well as its share of knocking around but still functioned ok when I sold it in 1994. I LEARNED not to like plastic frames from experience for MY needs but would advise anyone who wants to try one to do so using standard commercial loadings. They are a well thought out design and accurate but WAY over priced for what they are IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top