Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:31:04 PM EDT
Hello, Im having a tough time choosing one of these guns, pros and cons on either? You guy's answered one of my questions about hicaps for the XD, and I know the Glock has plenty of them to choose from, another good point is that G-17 mags will work.  The cost difference doesnt really bother me, and I dont really know what the difference in mags cost yet or aftermarket goodies, just some more research to do.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
for the most part these two are pretty equal by coparison. the G19 will have a beter selection of holsers and accesories since its been around longer. handle them both [shoot them if possible] and see which one fits you best.

-edited to add- buy both...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock has just been around longer and has proven it's design and reliability.  Plenty of after market sights, holsters, hi-cap mags..etc..
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read from several people that you can load 15 (?) rounds of 9mm into a 10-round XD-40 mag and use it in an XD-9.  This means nothing for the free states, but since you're in the PRK, it's a compelling reason to go with the XD.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The GLOCK 19 is the proven choice of professionals. It is the most popular pistol among plain clothes cops, private security, and executive protection teams. There are very good reasons for this. The G19 is tough as hell, extremely reliable, easy to shoot quicly under stress, and has the largest ammo capacity per size of any handgun.

The next time I go to the range, my personal 19 will top 23,000 rounds. I have carried it every day for five years and it has never malfunctioned.

The Blackwater guys in Iraq can afford and are free to choose any handgun they want. Most choose GLOCK and I have never seen one with an XD.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd prefer the Glock for the lower bore axis.  The XDs are just too 'tall'.  

If not for the weird grip angle, I'd probably already have a Glock or two.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#6]
All I can tell you is I shoot my XD-40 better, easier than any other gun I have ever owned.  I took my Colt Commander that I have tinkered with (trigger job, tight fitted EGW melt bushing, etc) and my XD 40 to the range yesterday.  Shooting 15 yards at a standart sillioute target,  practicing my draw aim and shoot.  I kept all shots in the 9 ring, with 80% in the 10.. My commander all were in the 8 ring, with 80% in the 9 ring or better.  It pisses me off because I love my Commander and in slow aimed target shooting, it is a tack driver.  But in a combat situation, I do better with the XD.  

And by the way, I don't even have a trigger job on the XD.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I would like to shoot both of them side by side, I need to find a local range that might have them.
Just curious, hwo are the Blackwater guys in Iraq?
Ive also heard that having a smith like Robar round the edges on a Glock grip makes a big diefference, has anyone done this?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#8]
One of them will feel better in your hand than the other.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of them will feel better in your hand than the other.

Yeah the grip angles are different so it may just come down to that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#10]
G19
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Surely, you've seen this, right?  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=10698

Many Glock fans consider the G19 the ultimate mix of firepower (15+1 in a small package), concealability, and ease of shooting (for those who find the G26 just a weee bit too small).  

Add to this a rail on the newer gen pistols, and you've got yourself one hell of a fine pistol.  I cannot say enough good things about the G19- get one and you'll be happy with her!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]

The XD is safer.  The Glock has more firepower (big mag capacity, short trigger reset, short trigger).  It depends on your application.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:27:05 AM EDT
[#13]
G19!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The XD is safer.  The Glock has more firepower (big mag capacity, short trigger reset, short trigger).  It depends on your application.  

Safer how? Surely you aren't referring to the antiquated grip safety.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Sure, the grip safety has been around for 100 years, but it works.   But add to the grip safety, trigger safety, and firing pin safety  the cocked indicator on the back of the slide and the loaded indicator on the top of the slide, both of which are visual and tactile.  Yes I would say the XD has more safety features.

Add to that the XD has a high quality hammer forged barrel, replaceable locking block, steel sights which use Sig sights, bev mag well... the XD is a nice package.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#16]
No weapon is safe with an unsafe shooter.  The best safety is between your ears, gentlemen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top