Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 7:18:42 PM EDT
just found one for a good price 40s&w ss. Was wanting some feedback from some owners out there.
Also I cant find a holster I like for this thing. I just want a rt hand hip holster,nothing fancy.
thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say it, but I dumped mine just days before the bottom dropped out on their values. The early ones were dogs, but they said S&W on the sides, so the gunwriters pandered the damn things off on an unsuspecting public. Now that you can once again buy hi-cap mags for them, they may be worth having if they work all the time. Mine was an early "highline" gun, and wasn't reliable at all. As far as accuracy goes, I couldn't hit a mule in the ass from astride his back with it. I couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside. Well, you get the idea.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I also had a very early model (pre 94). Once or twice out of every box of 50 the striker wouldn't pop a primer. I also hated the trigger, it was too long and too heavy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I dumped mine just days before the bottom dropped out on their values. The early ones were dogs, but they said S&W on the sides, so the gunwriters pandered the damn things off on an unsuspecting public. Now that you can once again buy hi-cap mags for them, they may be worth having if they work all the time. Mine was an early "highline" gun, and wasn't reliable at all. As far as accuracy goes, I couldn't hit a mule in the ass from astride his back with it. I couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside. Well, you get the idea.

Bob

I hope I have better luck with mine!. How can I tell how old mine is?. S&W dosent have that serial # feature on their website.
thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one that was nothing but problems... wouldnt feed, wouldnt eject, .........................never ever again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I going to shoot mine today for the first time. I will keep everyone posted.  tjf76
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#6]
My friends Sigma broke the firing pin twice.

Get rid of that piece of garbage.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]
As I recall, the early "highline" guns were all black. Then they went the "two-tone" route and changed the model name to Sigma Value-line or some such nonsense, and added the letter "V" behind the model name. It's been a while, i tried to forget the damned things. The all black ones were the worst as far as jamming and misfires, which is what I had.

==Bob
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck!  Keep in mind every manufacturer makes "lemons" from time to time.  It's very possible that you got the one in a thousand that actually works.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  I have a friend who's rather determined to use one in IDPA.  He's yet to finish a match without the slide jamming tight.    On the plus side, S&W does warranty there firearms for life, and if something does go wrong, you can send it to them and have it made right.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I went out this morning to shot no jams but the trigger SUCKS. Gun is for sale in the handgun section
of the equipment exchange.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top