Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:08:25 PM EDT
OK.  I'm NOT trying to start an argument about opinions on ammo or how it looks.  I'm already fine with those.  I'm going to probably buy one tomorrow or Monday.  My question is this:  Does anyone know if they are being sold with the 20rd mags yet, and are there any lights/lasers for it?

Also if you actually own one, or have actually fired one, tell us about it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I havent found a place with 20 rounders for sale online yet, cheaperthandirt didnt respond to my emails so Im gonna go there probably next weekend in person and look around.  Youll have to talk to the person whom you buy from if they are selling with 10 or 20 round mags, if it comes 10 rounders Id demand a discounted price.  Any accessory that fits a modular rail setup will fit on the five seven, I havent tried any tactical lights yet but I know the streamlight M6x that is made for a M4 with knights handguards will also fit my gun, just as the knights vertical foregrip fits on my five seven (doesnt look that bad either.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
CMMG has them, they sell the pistols and are taking orders on the 20 round mags now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Not mine, but someone's:

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  Just came home with my new gun!  Shoot it Tuesday!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If only surefire made that light with a laser also, it would be on my gun also.  Guess Im gonna be stuck with a streamlight for the time being.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
, just as the knights vertical foregrip fits on my five seven (doesnt look that bad either.)

Uhhh, I think that would instantly make your gun an AOW, therefore illegal without proper registration....tread lightly...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
, just as the knights vertical foregrip fits on my five seven (doesnt look that bad either.)

Uhhh, I think that would instantly make your gun an AOW, therefore illegal without proper registration....tread lightly...

Haha, its not something I would actually install to use, it was tried to fit and nothing else.  The grip stays on the WASR 10 unless Im deployed or in the field, I have to use my own knights accessories since my unit doesnt issue that equipment (still stuck with M16's in Texas instead of M4's like Ft Campbell and Ft Bragg...)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
uuuuh, putting a shoulder stock on it would be a problem without  ATF  "SBR"forms/200.00 tax being payed beforehand....pistol grip on the front is a non issue(remember the cute M1927 semi auto Thompson/Kahr arms "pistol" that looks like a M1928 tommy gun w/twin pistol grips with butt removed? well that would be in the same boat if that were true) or the universal "enforcer" .30carbine "pistol" model with twin pistol grips? or the Carbon -15 pistol?
if you want to put a mp5K style grip on your picatinny go right ahead.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
uuuuh, putting a shoulder stock on it would be a problem without  ATF  "SBR"forms/200.00 tax being payed beforehand....pistol grip on the front is a non issue(remember the cute M1927 semi auto Thompson/Kahr arms "pistol" that looks like a M1928 tommy gun w/twin pistol grips with butt removed? well that would be in the same boat if that were true) or the universal "enforcer" .30carbine "pistol" model with twin pistol grips? or the Carbon -15 pistol?
if you want to put a mp5K style grip on your picatinny go right ahead.

You're wrong p99guy.  Doing so would result in the creation of an "AOW" which would require the ATF's approval and your paying $200.  You CANNOT put a vertical foregrip on a pistol without creating an AOW.  Otherwise, don't you think AR style pistols, HK SP89s, Steyr SPPs, etc. would already have them?  Of course.  Additionally, the Thompson was a rifle and still met the minimun length requirement even with the stock off, so it was still a rifle.  Not sure on the .30 carbine enforcer off the top of my head.  It seems the others understand this.  .  .just trying to keep you from a costly mistake.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, I stand corrected..It had changed on me ...it will cost you paperwork and a 5.00 transer fee/taxstamp

AOW (ANY OTHER WEAPON): AOW's are a bit tricky. Generally it applies to pistol grip shotguns with barrels below 18", such as the New Model Auto & Burglar we manufacture. You cannot make one from a shotgun originally manufactured with a buttstock, they must be made from either a new reciever that has never been registered as a shotgun with a buttstock or a shotgun that left the factory with a pistol grip only. AOW also applies to the old stuff like H&R Handy Guns, Marbles Gamegetters etc. A new class of AOW's are the semi-auto pistols with front hand grips, such as the H&K SP 89 with the K grip attached or the semi-auto AK's with no buttstock and a forward pistol grip. These can still be manufactured and are transferable. A $5 Transfer Tax applies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top