Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 7:14:20 PM EDT
I have been wondering if these will come back in to style now that the ban has ended? I feel like there is a good chance that they might and we might begin to see a reduction in the number of 1911 packages offered. Being both a fan of a well built 1911 and the Glock I am really not planning on picking a new pistol based on the increase in mag capacity, after all that is what all those mag change drills in Action Pistol ect. are for. Just wondering your all's thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel like there will be a short term surge in large frame hi cap pistols. Just because your gun holds alot of rounds dosen't mean you have to spray and pray. The gun does have sights you know.I feel like the more rounds my weapon holds, the longer I can stay in the fight. Also I believe in the weapon having the amount of rounds it was designed for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I shoot informally at the range, and in IDPA matches...   I don't think IDPA is going to allow more than 10 rounds, even with the higher cap pistol classes...  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, one thing that will happen IMHO is the 9mm will get looked at more...it was really doing well before the 10rd limit. Even though bigger calibers were available before the ban, they didn't really take off huge until we were limited to 10rds. I'm a fan of a lot of guns, but it is hard to not like a 17 round Glock 17. I love an 8rd 9mm for that matter...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They are not "spray and pray pistols."

They are rapidly engage multiple targets pistols.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
"Spray and pray" isn't a pistol, it's just poor technique resulting from lack of training.

Besides, when did double-stack pistols go away in the first place?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean they haven't reached your local street corner yet for $50  bucks a piece.  You need to move to a larger city.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
i always liked to think of it as suppressive fire
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top