Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 6:23:31 PM EDT
We occasionally train to shoot from the stern, bow, top of the deck house, flying bridge and other parts of a boat in the water at both towed and stationary targets.
We use rifle, shotgun and handguns.  For on-board targets we use simunitions or sometimes paintball guns.
Anybody else training this way?
What do you use?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to use a UH-1C, but that was 32 years ago. Firing from a moving car (safely in a bumpy field) was nearly impossible to get any positive results. Just a personal experiment that was abandoned.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]
With a M-60 by any chance?
I've had the same experience with the moving car, but it is a little easier on a flat paved surface and out of a van thru the open sliding cargo door while in the middle area is even easier.
On board a boat, if you're able to stand without having to brace against part of the structure, you can flex your knees and get into a rhythm.  But you quickly learn to appreciate a lanyard and not to do speed reloads without catching your expended magazine!
I've seen several expensive pistol mags drop into deep water, never to be recovered.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
M-60 and .50 cal., the 20MM we had on hand was not approved for the airframe. I was driving and shooting in a bumpy field, not just riding "shotgun". Very hard to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top