Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:03:10 PM EDT
I have a set on my SA XD9 sub compact. I like the sites for both day and night but there is cause to worry about their durability.

XD Forum discussion on Truglo Customer Service Nightmare

FWIW,

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a set on my SA XD9 sub compact. I like the sites for both day and night but there is cause to worry about their durability.

FWIW,

Bomber

I have 3 pistols I was going to get sets of TruGlos on... no longer.  If that is the way they treat their customers I dont care to do any business with them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

FWIW,

Bomber

After reading just the first page I know better than to buy from them even if they fix the problem. At the least they should have replaced his sight at no cost. With all the bad press they will lose far more money than replacement sights would have been. Glad I found out before I purchased from them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It's getting worse....there are now several threads going.

XD 2000 Forum

They called one guy a liar when he pointed out they committed toi making a a sight or a 1911 pistol and strung him out for months. At the end of several months they claimed he was a liar and they never had any plans to Market sights for 1911 style guns. Well some one found and archived version of their website and guess what? There is was plain as day Colt Series 80.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry but I was put off before I read this story.  I called them a month or two ago to find out when/if they would have anything out for 1911's and if they would sell a front sight only.  The web site looked like they cut one for Kimbers if I remember and my custom was cut like a Kimber but I couldn't get any concrete answers out of them.  First of the year maybe, never, I'm not sure, bla blah blah.  I was more than enthusiastic about the concept and was willing to be the guinea pig if some sight specs could be listed and met my criteria.  I'm not Rob Letham but I do compete (everyone knows that shooters are about as bad as golfers when it comes to new equipment) and am acquainted with some top shelf pistolsmiths.  Knowing this you would think tru glo would have either said we are never going to pursue the 1911 market OR let us have your name and number because you sound like you can help us if we ever get into it.  Did they. No.  They weren't rude but it  was poor business.  Word of mouth is the cheapest (reliable) advertising there is.  Now with the sights dripping off the slide , and the bad PR driving the customer service I'll let some other schmuck test the water.  And yes the smiths that were interested in information about the sights/company , will get this news from me if they havn't already got the scoop.   Maybe Langdons concept with the FO on top and T dot underneath IS the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top