Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 11:31:32 PM EDT
I have been thinking about getting a MAC10 clone lately. MasterPieceArms offers an updated version that looks like the original but has a sidecocking handle rather than the traditional on top location. They offer it in 9mm and 45ACP and they use STEN and Grease gun mags. The weapon also has a built in weaver rail for a red dot optic/laser if you want to add one.

I checked out macguns.com and people there seem to really like them and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the mac style pistols? Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
For a range TOY(double emphasize TOY) or noise maker, ok.  Otherwise I find them useless.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Otherwise I find them useless.  

+1

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Heck, I had a class 3 registered full-auto MAC10 and I ended up trading it.  Fun, but useless.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to clear it up, I traded towards another M16.....  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking of it primarily as a "range toy" but wondered if there was a practical aspect to them as well. Thanks for your input...Any other opinions?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a good bullet hose, and that's it. spray and pray.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to clear out a room they work fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
i don't see the use UNLESS it has the happy switch
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sure, if you clear rooms like a GANGSTA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#11]
keep a good supply of c-clips aswell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

a room? hell more like an elevator. Damn thing is like "RRRNT" ...empty.. It would have to be a small room. Fun for about 10 minutes then i got bored with it.

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The pistol versions dont make much sense to me, unless you add a stock and longer barrel to them. The full auto guns are not that hard to shoot and shoot well if you take the time to learn to shoot them, which is about one or two mags and a little guidance. Most people just want to blast with them, and thats fine too, but with the stock out and a little technique, it can be a very formidable weapon, even without a barrel extension. Throw that silly strap away though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Have both pistol and carbine version of the mac11 9mm.pistol version is capable of consistant hits at fifty yards on man size targets with shoulder stock attached.Replaced the trigger return spring in both with a heavier one not one problem since.The carbine with stock and longer sight radius I'm capable at hits past seventy five yards all open sights.Haven't tried the side cocker with scope mount yet but interest is peaked.Not my first choice in combat but would not feel under gunned with it either.Could be a useful tool in an urban SHTF setting.With practice it is a good defensive weapon.
Sureshot45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top