Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 9:40:45 PM EDT

OK so I have developed a new bad habit when pistol shooting. It is effecting reliability on my light frame pistols, so I have to take care of this. The irony is that I probably developed this because I used to anticipate recoil. To fix that bad habit I would just let the recoil take my hand up instead of jerking down. So do any of you have any tips or tricks to help me break this habit? Thanks, and no I’m not gay but insert your funny anyway, I can take it.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Here... check this out.  This should help.  

Click Here
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Just grab the pistol firmly before shooting.  I tried to make my Glock 19 jam by limp wristing it once.  I finally had to hold it very lightly with my thumb and two fingers.  What kind of peice are you shooting?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I will do some dry fire sessions with a emphasis on the grip. Back to basics. The pistol I am having the most problem with is a XD-40. I am not positive this is the problem but two other shooters have put 100 rounds each threw the gun and not had any failures. I have a FTF about every 25 rounds fired. Admittedly I am using Wal-Mart VP ammo and it is a little under powered. I may not be getting a full cycle of the slide in the first place, but am having no lock open problems. So before I blame the gun or the ammo I am going to blame myself. Thanks again, Robert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top