Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 7:12:47 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide between Wilson Combat 47D 8 rnd as found here--> www.chipmccormickcorp.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CMC&Category_Code=PM or here-->www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=WC&category=18&prodID=WC47D&CFID=847761&CFTOKEN=35372341

AND

Chip McCormick Power Mag 8 rd .45 ACP as found here-->ttp://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CMC&Category_Code=PM

Which are the most reliable mags?  I searched here and on 1911Forums and after an hour-and-a-half of reading, my head hurts.  Are the 7 round Wilson mags more reliable than 8 rnd?  

I'm looking for CCW-reliable mags.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are good mags...I am still trying to wear out some 47D mags. For concealed carry you might want to replace the bases with slims...unless your pistol has a extended mag-well.

MT
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Wilson. I've gone through lots of Chip McCormik mags, springs usually wear out pretty fast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Wilson it is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You may also want to try the Novak/ACT mags and the Tripp Research.

Tripps are $35-40 but Novak/ACTs are under $20.

Both of these are excellent 8rd designs which are slightly extended & have removeable base pads. Your'e not cramming 8rds in the same space as a normal 7 rd mag.

I have a bunch of Wilsons which are OK but I need to periodically replace the springs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top