Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 6:26:11 PM EDT

Wife's gone visiting her family in England for six weeks, so I skipped grocery shopping(living on noodles and hot dogs) and added some ratholed money and got a brand new....

What do you think?

She never goes in my gun cabinet, so I just have to hide the receipts. I'll tell her next year when it will harder for her to complain about it .
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
WOO HOO!!!

New toy!!

Let me guess:  It is sitting right next to your computer isn't it??
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job!  It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just blame it on her, you felt so alone and scared while she was gone!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just blame it on her, you felt so alone and scared while she was gone!

+1...

Tell her it reminds you of her... and that while she was gone you missed her SO much that you were weak with grief.... and thus you had not the strength to resist it...

If that dont work just try flowers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
nice toy. I'm actually considering a USP45 right now. Strange thing is, it's getting harder to fight off the 1911 that speaks to me all day. Choices...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice gun. I wonder how much cheaper it would be without that fancy case.

J
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WOO HOO!!!

New toy!!

Let me guess:  It is sitting right next to your computer isn't it??

i'm guessing he's dry firing at the tv when he's not online.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What do you think?

She never goes in my gun cabinet, so I just have to hide the receipts. I'll tell her next year when it will harder for her to complain about it .

You can get away with it.  Trust me.  I did the same thing with an AR, my HKUSP45 and my Colt 1991a1.  My fiancee doesn't really care about guns and they all look alike to her.  If your wife's not a shooter it'll be fine.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wife's gone visiting her family in England for six weeks, so I skipped grocery shopping(living on noodles and hot dogs) and added some ratholed money and got a brand new....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/darowden/USP9_4.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/darowden/USP9_1.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/darowden/USP9_2.jpg

What do you think?

She'll be none the wiser.  Heh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You can get away with it.  Trust me.  I did the same thing with an AR, my HKUSP45 and my Colt 1991a1.  My fiancee doesn't really care about guns and they all look alike to her.  If your wife's not a shooter it'll be fine.  

+1

If she DOES notice, just tell her you traded that POS Chinese .45 for it and it only cost you $45 cash.

I've NEVER done something like that before.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Wrap it up and give it to her for a welcome home gift
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wrap it up and give it to her for a welcome home gift

+1  and post pics of facial expression.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#16]
is the front site really as tall as it looks in the pic?  nice choice btw.

are you going to get a can for it?  i'm guessing that's a thread protector on the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
is the front site really as tall as it looks in the pic?  nice choice btw.

are you going to get a can for it?  i'm guessing that's a thread protector on the barrel.

Thanks all!

Yes the sights are raised to be able to see above the can. Yeah, I'm going to get a Brugger & Thomet Impuls can for it as soon as I can get my form 4 signed and sent off with the $200 tax.
Yeah, it's a thread protector. The USP9 SD is very similar to the Tactical except in 9mm.
The soft case was standard with this model. Of course I have yet to fill the pouch for the can and the handcuffs

I just put the GG&G slimline picatinny rail adapter on it and have a streamlight M6 on the way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice piece.. the only thing I don't like about the 9/40 SD's compared to the Tac is the lack of match trigger.. the SA on my Tac is unreal.

With the AWB going away, I'd say a Jet Funnel and 18 rounders are in your future
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top