Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 3:46:42 PM EDT
In about 3 months I will have enough money saved up to purchase a new Glock (leaning toward 17). If I ordered it then, and assuming no stupid new laws come in, do you think it will come with the full capicity magazines?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it should but here's the catch... A lot of dealers will still have some amount of pre-sunset inventory left over with their neutered 10 round mags. Good dealers will sell those off at a discount to get rid of them but what I bet most dealers will do is jack the price up on the new guns coming from the factory with full cap mags until all the old stuff is gone. The first dealer selling G19's with factory full caps (not LEO-only marked) for between $450 and $500 will have my business.

The big question is how long will it take for these post-sunset guns to to start showing up in numbers? It's anybpodies guess at this point but I'd say probably sooner than later with Glocks as they sell pretty quick compared to most other guns.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I am betting they will discount those or use new mags as a negotiating tool.
Since new std. cap mags will be so cheap I don't think it will be that big of an issue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Its my hope that the dealers will start selling off the 10 rounders really cheap... if I can get them for just  a few $ each I will probably buy all they have.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its my hope that the dealers will start selling off the 10 rounders really cheap... if I can get them for just  a few $ each I will probably buy all they have.

I'll do that too be nice to load up 10 or 15 mags for the range.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll do that too be nice to load up 10 or 15 mags for the range.

I would too just to put the wear and tear on those mags and keep the full-caps in good shape
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
ONe of my locol gun shops has all their "Klinton Klips" that are not packaged with a new weapon on the bargain table, for about $10 each. Funny, I've noticed they are really not selling, but at least they have realized how worthless they will be after the ban.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#8]
NO.

They won't come with regular mags for a while.  I doubt your FFL will change them out of the tupperware out of the kindess of his heart, either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I noticed a local place here is holding a sale on most of their Glocks, I wonder if they might be trying to get rid of old stock, to get new stuff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top