Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 10:45:18 AM EDT
im looking to get one and right now im wondering which is better brand..

Bianchi vs Galco

ive never ownd a rig before so im lookn to get some input as to what you guys all use.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Galco
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Galco

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an old Bianchi X15 that I dont use at all any more and a Galco Executive for my P230 that gets used mostly in the winter time. I like the Galco, but its smaller than most and has no retaining straps or springs. Shoulder holsters tend to be limiting in use and require that you always have a coat or some other type of heavier cover garment on and you have to be extra careful when wearing them as they are easy to unintentionally flash your gun if your not paying attention. They can also be more fatiguing as the day wears on, especially if your pistol and reload are heavy. I'd see if I could borrow one if you can and try it out for awhile around the house and see how you like it before you dump a lot of money into one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Galco

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Galco
I have the Jackass and it's a great rig
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I am sure Galco and Alessi are the names that come to mind most often. I advise you to try one before you buy one. Why? I do not find shoulder rigs to be comfortable. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Miami Classic.  Shoulder rigs are slow, but if it fits the occasion, get a good one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I almost never wear shoulder rigs for CCW. Too much movement, and harder to hide for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with SS109 but I had a 245 Sig and bought a Kramer rig that was the nicest I have seen to date. It was more money than most but it was obvious to me when I saw it why it was more. Good leather.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Im in the market for a shoulder rig to fit my Ruger Super Redhawk for the winter, only time I can carry it inconspicuously is under a jacket.  Ill shoot Lou Alessi, Rusty Sherrick, and a few others a call tomorrow to see what I can do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top