Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 6:08:37 PM EDT
I have as my current ammo for CCW and home defense 9mm 124gr +P in a G19.
I have read one test where this load is considered to fast out of a 4 inch barrel (1310fps out of my gun)and expanded to quickly without reaching vital organs.
The reason I chose this is that the gun shop where I do business carrys it at a decent price and it is also the ammo in 40 S&W that the largest PD in my state uses.
I also chose this so if I ever am in a shooting situation I wont have to be perceived as not being satisfied with the ammo (read mail ordered special bad guy eradicators from somewhere else) that is available on a local basis.
In ACTUAL shootings has this ammo performed reliably?
Is there anything for me to be concerned about with using this GD load  or is there a better choice?

Thanks.   Lee
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The local PD here issued that ammo when they carried 9mm and still issue Gold Dot .40 with their current Sigs. Everything I've heard on it has been positive, although I prefer 124gr Hydroshock +P+ loads in my Beretta 92.

Remember the key to stopping an assailant is multiple center torso hits in rapid succession.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Nailbender

my pd also uses gd in the test we did it was the most consitant performer. i like it its done well on the street. i think we are going to test the sxt next.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I mix loads in the magazine, in my pea brain logic, it covers all the bases? Price, to me is a secondary consideration...so the wife sacrifices a new iron, fortunately, she dont know what one is.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't go wrong with the Gold Dot.  I prefer the 115gr. load myself, but there seems to be a large shift to the 124gr +P load latey.  There seem to be a lot of people saying it is a better load than the 115gr. and they have all made good points about it.

Just make your shots count (as you should anyway) and it should serve you well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys. I will stick with the GD for now.

Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top