Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:00:26 PM EDT
They can't be using Desert Eagles, is is American like their M-16's?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
i think glocks, i could be wrong.  they seem very popular there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Some use Glocks with the Glock Stock (tm) and a longer barrel to convert the pistol into something like a SBR... for those times when they can't conceal a real SBR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought they use the IMI Jericho, but I'm not all that up to speed on the IDF.  I'd imagine they'd use "whatever works".

Sly
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/barak/barak.GIF

What an ugly handgun. Uglier than the FN 5.7 h.gif
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/barak/barak.GIF

What an ugly handgun. Uglier than the FN 5.7

Actually the Barak has not been officially adopted by the IDF as far as I know although IMI is pushing it hard. Most IDF units that have no option to choose still use the Jericho (similar to the baby eagle).

I had a chance to lay hands on the SP21 Barak at Bachman guns in Dallas. I wanted to be impressed, really wanted to, but the controls were just all wrong. The decocker is a button on top of the slide, and the slide release will NOT release the slide unless you pull back on the slide first. Both operations took two hands. I think they screwed up on this one.

I kind of like the way it looked, but the ergonomics are just bad. Too bad, I had high hopes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some use Glocks with the Glock Stock (tm) and a longer barrel to convert the pistol into something like a SBR... for those times when they can't conceal a real SBR.

Where does that info come from?

Ive seen lots of pics of Glock 17s, lots of Browning Hi-Powers and the occasional SIG P226, but Ive never seen a pic of a Glock in use with a stock on it.

It was on the front cover of a Shomer-Tec catalog a couple years ago, but sold only to military/LEO.  The catalog description claimed usage by the IDF.  I don't see it on their Web site, though (www.shomertec.com/).
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/barak/barak.GIF

What an ugly handgun. Uglier than the FN 5.7

awww... comon ... its purty!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I met an exchange student from Israel in the 80`s.  He said the Govt made bulk purchases of weapons that were resold to  citizens & settlers.  At that time it was AR15`s & browning HP`s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#11]
They used to use a lot of Hi-Powers. They seem to be using mostly GLOCK 17s now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
They get to choose between a G17 and a Browning Hi-Power.... sweet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my Jericho 941... I can't see why exactly they switched from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top