Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 1:50:31 PM EDT
I have a CZ PCR that I keep at my bedside. I dropped the mag and went to rack the slide so I could extract the round in the chamber, but I could not. The slide comes back only slightly. Short of going to the range and shooting out the round what do you suggest I do to try and dislodge this jam? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a large field, place the weapon in the field and call the ordnance disposal squad.

No but seriously, If unable to extract a live round, put it a case, make sure it is on safe, then call a gunsmith and ask him if you can bring it by. You can't get it out with a rod as it could go off. Short of sheer herculean effort in pulling the slide back, your only other option is to discharge, but considering it might be a bad cartridge case, I'm not sure I would want to do that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with your pistol but is the safety on?

Did you try to put the magazine back in the gun?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Silly question, but do you have the safety on?  If so, turn it off and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe if it were mine, I would head for the nearest gunsmith and let him handle this potential accident waiting to happen. Not a good idea to be pushing something down a barrel to dislodge a stuck live round and possibly an even worse idea in trying to discharge it if something major is wrong with the action. Just one guy's opinion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s got no safety, it’s a decocker. I tried putting the mag back in and the problem remains.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess it's gunsmith time, the round is most likely just stuck to the chamber wall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
i would go shoot the live round.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Not familair with pistol but,  can you disassemble it?  Will the takedown let the slide off the frame?
Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]
lol. Tempting, very tempting, far more then it ough be.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
i was serious in what i posted.  why not shoot it out?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not familair with pistol but,  can you disassemble it?  Will the takedown let the slide off the frame?
Just a thought.

Sir, I am in your debt. Thank you. I had assumed I could not get the slide back far enough to remove the take down latch. But it turns out I could. I removed the slide and then the barrel, to find an out of speck cor-bon round (plus slightly dirty chamber) had caused the jam. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If you could disassemble it WITHOUT covering yourself, in a SAFE area where a discharge won't cause damage, you could break it down THEN use a rod to tap the round out from the muzzle.    Inspect the cartridge AND the chamber... a little rust could cause a cartridge to lodge in the chamber.  

If you're not comfortable, I'd go the gunsmith route.  

In the future, you may not want to leave a round chambered for too long, again, because the rust factor. ;)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just a thought.

Sir, I am in your debt. Thank you. I had assumed I could not get the slide back far enough to remove the take down latch. But it turns out I could. I removed the slide and then the barrel, to find an out of speck cor-bon round (plus slightly dirty chamber) had caused the jam. Thanks again.

I'll e-mail you my address so you can send a cashiers check or money order.  
Seriously though, I'm glad I could be of help.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
For future reference, here's an IPSC trick (where oversized reloaded ammo is a constant problem):

WITH GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION:

Hold the gun by the slide with your weak hand.

Hit the grip hard with your strong hand, like you were grabbing it.

The round should pop out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top