Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 1:31:39 PM EDT
I have a Springfield Armory full-size 1911 in stainless. Since this is a home defense gun, I'm thinking a light on it would be a good investment. Any opinions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure what model but Surefire has one for 1911's with no rails.  You could attach a Caspin Recon-Rail for $45 I believe, which adds a rail.  I would suggest the Surefire if this is your dedicated home defense gun, but if you use it for carry I would not.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am not sure what model but Surefire has one for 1911's with no rails.  You could attach a Caspin Recon-Rail for $45 I believe, which adds a rail.  I would suggest the Surefire if this is your dedicated home defense gun, but if you use it for carry I would not.  

Yeah the Caspian recon rail makes the most sense if you are handy tapping threads or know a good gunsmith. They even make the rail in titanium, as well as aluminum and steel.

caspian arms
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the Surefire light.www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&sesent=00&carfnbr=108

It is $280, so it would be cheaper to buy the rail and an Insight Tech M-3 Light.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here is the Surefire light.www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&sesent=00&carfnbr=108

It is $280, so it would be cheaper to buy the rail and an Insight Tech M-3 Light.  

That sure is an odd arrangement isn't it

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I would buy the Surefire light if it was easy to remove, is it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would buy the Surefire light if it was easy to remove, is it?

My understanding is fasteners still have to be drilled and tapped, just in a different place. Seems like a complicated solution to a simple problem. You still could not use an M3, M6 etc. Seems too expensive for what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top