Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
My nephew was talking about Rock Island 45's today. Are they any good? What are your guys thoughts on these? How do they compare to Springfield? Is it true that their receivers are cast instead of forged? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
yes cast receivers. i have the 4" and its a real shooter. i can dance tin cans at 40  yards no prob. the trigger is pretty good, as good as my kimber. if you plan to shoot alot run a shock buffer. i cant see why these cant hold up to 5000+ rounds.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything ive heard of them was good. Sometimes they have extractor problems, but for 300 bones...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Everything ive heard of them was good. Sometimes they have extractor problems, but for 300 bones...

300 bones?  Damn... I want one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarco, inc. has them for $273
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I built one from a completed frame and their "custom" model slide. It seems to have better fit and finish that my buddies springfield armory that came directly from the factory. I don't like the idea of the cast frames, but I haven't heard any horror stories either. They should last more than 5000 rounds I hope, especially with a low pressure round like standard .45 ammo

__________________________________________________________________________________
In emergencies, with little time to act, you only need to remember one number: (1)911
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarco, inc. has them for $273

Where can I get in touch with Sarco???
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top