Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 2:18:11 PM EDT
For those of you in here who carry a govt. size 5'' 1911, please tell me what clothes you wear to fully cover it up. I'm down here in Florida and usually wear a white undershirt with a button down shirt to cover up my Glock 19. It works great, and I'm pretty sure that this same dress with fully conceal a 1911. So I'm just wondering what you all wear to conceal yours.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For those of you in here who carry a govt. size 5'' 1911, please tell me what clothes you wear to fully cover it up. I'm down here in Florida and usually wear a white undershirt with a button down shirt to cover up my Glock 19. It works great, and I'm pretty sure that this same dress with fully conceal a 1911. So I'm just wondering what you all wear to conceal yours.  

I typically do not carry a full-size 1911 concealed. But, I use the same for the compact and full....A Galco IWB hoster just behind the hip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ross open top pancake w/body shield, untucked shirt carried at my 4 o'clock.

J
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think you will find that it's easier to conceal a full size 1911 than a micro Glock.

I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 and it's much easier to conceal than my Glock 27.

They are naturals for IWB holsters and conceal easily with a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a Galco Avenger with a  white t-shirt tucked in and a button down shirt.  This generally works for me in FL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The skinny frame of the 1911 allows it to be concealed pretty easily. The only potentially difficult part is the handgrip occasionally 'prints'. If thats a problem get an Ed Brown bobtail mainspring housing installed.

I like handguns.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 w/ Lumpy.  milt sparks is the heat.

i've carried it under dress shirt untucked, under T's -minor printing but depended on the shirt

i have carried the full sized 1911 border style - in the belt, no holster - under a loose shrit.  its flat and hides easily.  this isn't the most secure way and i was constantly aware of whether it was moving around or not.  didn't budge but i prefer the milt sparks rig.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
love handles.  biiiig love handles.

hell, i can carry a para p-14 in khaki shorts and a tshirt.

start eatin boy!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My Gubment model was much easier to conceal than My glock.  It's a much thinner pistol.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
another vote for the Milt Sparks VersaMax 2
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I use a Galco Avenger with a  white t-shirt tucked in and a button down shirt.  This generally works for me in FL.

+1

Well, ecept for the FL part.  

Tshirt with a SS button down over it.  No problems.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
IWB in a comptac c-tac with jeans and tshirt. Or a thunderwear type made by Galco with shorts although my pistol is a compact 1911. It would work with a full size I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My Milt Sparks Versa-Max II lets me conceal a full sized 1911 under a t-shirt.

Its truly THE concealment holser.

+1
This is the same rig I have. The VM2 is the best CCW holster out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You guys have pics of your rigs?

I carry my TLE in a Galco combat master and like it alot, however I've heard alot about the VM II.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Another nod to the Sparks Versa-Max II. Not only does it conceal well, it carries comfortably.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Looking to buy the Milt Sparks VMII, and see that it's offered in cowhide or horsehide. What's
supposed to be the difference??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Pair of 5.11 pants and a slightly oversized T-shirt conceal an IWB 1911 pretty well.

No kidding.

If that won't get it, or if I need to tuck in my shirt-tail, then a vest.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#18]
In hot weather, I carry my off-duty pistol - a Wilson CQB - in a FIST IWB ultra thin kydex holster with an untucked t-shirt.  The ultra thin kydex adds very little bulk to the pistol making it quite comfortable and it conceals very well.  Even in cool weather when I have a jacket on I often carry it in that holster because of the comfort and concealability it offers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My Gubment model was much easier to conceal than My glock.  It's a much thinner pistol.

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm not really into 1911s, but width and the grip are what make pistols hard to conceal, not the barrel as that's usually in your pants (er-um-well anyway). I would think 1911s would be easier to conceal due to their narrow cross section, a full size barrel with  a shorter grip might be easier to conceal?

Yup, That's why I bought a Les Baer "Stinger"  A Commander Size slide on an officers frame.  However it is still heavy and tends to pull my pants down.  The only time I ever wished I has a fat ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I carry my TLE in a Galco combat master and like it alot, however I've heard alot about the VM II.

Here's some, including mine.  ALthough I just ordered a new Alessi rig a few hours ago.

Carry Rig Thread
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Here's some, including mine.  ALthough I just ordered a new Alessi rig a few hours ago.

Carry Rig Thread

What did ya' end up ordering?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry Rig Thread

What did ya' end up ordering?

I ordered the Alessi DOJ, and a double mag pouch in cordovan.  For my 4" Kimber.

I am also thinking about an order with Josh Bulman.  And one with Mitch Rosen.  Rosen's new FOFO looks cool.

I order them all with the same basic design, cant, heigth, etc....so that I retain that muscle memory.

I have some spare $$$, and feel another holster binge coming on.  Today was just the start, I fear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Here is a pic of my VM2 with a Colt CCO in it. The CCO is an officer's size grip with a commander length barrel. My VM2 is gov length, so I can wear a full size 1911 if I want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Open carry it, you'll thank me someday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top