Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 5:41:30 AM EDT
I am fortunate to have a bit of property on which I can openly carry any of my 22's my 45's my 45LC etc... however I suffer from a shortage of carry rigs.

While doing yard work I would like to have my Buckmark bullseye (7" barrel) on me just for the hell of it. I can shoot apples of a tree and such. I would like to have some kind of cross draw setup b/c I carry my leatherman, prunners, knife on my belt already.

Showe me your carry setups! Concealed or otherwise!

Thank you,

Gunzer Cool
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Heres my expensive rig ($250)...

Heres my not so expensive rig...

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Nf9,

Who makes your expensive rig? Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi? Are you pleased with it? It looks nice. What kind of Roscoe is that?

Gunzer
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sir Absolute,

How do you like that Kydex rig? Does it hold the weapon close? How about when you move? Ever tried running with it?

Gunzer
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My beater carry rig.  All Galco.

My good carry rig.  All Alessi.

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

As you can see, these rigs see alot of use.  They are both carried on Wilderness belts, naturally.

Have each set up for either the 4" or 5", depending on what I doing that day.  Having the same mag dimensions makes things simpler.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
off duty rigs.. Ross Leather & Fobus

J
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sir Absolute,

How do you like that Kydex rig? Does it hold the weapon close? How about when you move? Ever tried running with it?

Gunzer

i like it, but since this is my first IWB rig, I don't have anything to compare it to.  It keeps the weapon close, and I haven't noticed any movement.  I haven't tried running with it though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/Gun%20Stuff/Carry1.jpg

I carry the same holster...different gun. (for concealed)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My beater carry rig.  All Galco.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/mcgrubbs/carryrigs005.jpg

that one too....  (open carry)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Wilson leather

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Nf9,

Who makes your expensive rig? Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi? Are you pleased with it? It looks nice. What kind of Roscoe is that?

Gunzer

The expensive stuff is all C Rusty Sherrick, the holster is Tom Givens Rangemaster trim (southpaw) and all made of dead horse.  The holster for the Ruger is a safariland I found online, it was advertised online for a Super Redhawk but the package it came in said regular Redhawk.  As you can see it still fits fine, just took some tough love to break it in a little.  Heres another pic of the horsehide holster up close, I plan on buying this same holster for the Valtro when it comes in sometime in 2005-2006....

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
off duty rigs.. Ross Leather & Fobus
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/holster.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/carry.jpg

J

Hey J, is that your SIG GSR 1911 or something else?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's my main carry rig...

Plus a few others...

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#15]
AJohnston,

Looks like you have a SW Model 640 in that ankle rig. Who makes that? How do yuo like it? Does it inevitably slide down your leg as you walk or does it stay put some how.

I especially like the leather AR mag holder. Looks custom. May I ask where you obtained such cool gear?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Gotta be Alessi.

Isn't that an ACP???

Best holster ever made.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Gunzer & MCGrubbs – All the leather pictured was made by Lou Alessi.

The belt holster for the GM is actually a Heinie DOJ... great rig!!

The AR mag pouch made by Lou is the best available, IMO. No need for fancy LBVs or drop leg rigs... Lou’s mag carrier is practical and concealable.

The ankle rig works very well, is “all day” comfortable, and won’t shift position or slide down you leg. I have been wearing that rig for the better part of 18 months and it has proved literally indestructible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top