Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 6:49:33 PM EDT
Which drop leg holsters is the Army using for the Beretta M9.  I see it all the time in SF pics on such, just wondering what make it is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
We use numberous drop rigs.  Depends on what the individual company commander authorizes his supply sargent to purchase.  We're using primary Safariland rigs here in Iraq now for both the M9 and M1911.  I'm still using my issue M12 holster with a rigid extender on a seperate web belt.

CD
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Safarilands are popular, as are the Eagle Industries holsters. Of all the nylon holsters out there, Eagle makes the best stuff.

But the Safariland holsters are really nice too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I had to ask.  I want to get a drop rig for my Beretta.  I've been out of the Navy since '93  and when I was in I did'nt get to play with any good toys.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Safariland 6004 are preferred if you can get them but most guys here are getting Blackhawk Omegas because that's what base supply has a bunch of.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Im awaiting a 6004 at the moment.  Been using Eagle and Blackhawk for the last 15 years
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
What are y'alls opinion of the standard M12 holster?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a very good field holster, coveritable to either right or left hand.  Can be worn strong side, weak side butt forward, cross draw.  Using extenders used as a thigh rig, add a thumb break if you want and can also be use as a shoulder rig using harness.  Gives full protection to gun minus half grip.  Can be mounted onto body armor also.  I've carried mine as stated except don't have the shoulder harness.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top