Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 1:06:42 PM EDT
Anyone have any opinions about these?  Just ran into a LEO who wirks for the fed reserve bank and he said that he has one and it is the shit!

I ain't goona give up my glcok, Springfield Armory, Beretta or my Smith & Wesson for one of these, but i figured that some of hte braintrust may have actually seen a gangbanger shooting one of these beuatys and know something about it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Just looked one up on Gunbroker, maybe a llama would be the way to go?

Sorry, just trolling.  I almost fell in the floor when this guy was telling me what a great off-duty weapon they were.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a NIB Factory-Gold-Plated Anniversary Edition Lorcin .380 that I can make you a really good deal on...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
stake my life on a Hi-point?

Not bloody likely!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure you get the sights mounted on the side of the slide, for cool, ghetto-style shooting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone have any opinions about these?  Just ran into a LEO who wirks for the fed reserve bank and he said that he has one and it is the shit!

I ain't goona give up my glcok, Springfield Armory, Beretta or my Smith & Wesson for one of these, but i figured that some of hte braintrust may have actually seen a gangbanger shooting one of these beuatys and know something about it!

Let me know where this LEO lives.

Because if he carries a hi-point for self defense, I want to be sure to send his widow flowers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi point is kind of an oversized bryco/lorcin/jennings.   Sure it'll go bang sometimes and it might not blow up in your hand but I certainly wouldnt want to rely on one.   I'd much sooner buy a CZ52 for $99 and carry that.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
is someone on crack here, no way a real leo would ever use a hipoint, he would be laughed out of his pd
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi-Point ? Shiiiitttt...
That's an expensive paperweight......
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hi point is kind of an oversized bryco/lorcin/jennings.   Sure it'll go bang sometimes and it might not blow up in your hand but I certainly wouldnt want to rely on one.   I'd much sooner buy a CZ52 for $99 and carry that.  

Or a Makarov. At least those guns work most of the time....Hipoints are just stupid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
If you buy one i hope your life insurance policy is up to date!!!!!!!!!! hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an HK USP .45 ACP pistol that has been wonderful to shoot.  With that said, I also have a Hi-Point .45 ACP pistol that has performed very well and been a joy to shoot as well.

I have about 1400-1500 rounds through the Hi-Point and have not had one problem with it.  I make sure to clean it when done shooting and it has been a joy to shoot along with my other guns.

I think alot of you all out there hear a few people say something negative about a particular firearm and you all jump on the wagon.  How many of you voicing criticizm about Hi-Point actually have shot or owned one???  I would guess not many.

There may be bad Hi-Point firearms out there but I know my pistol has been a joy to shoot and problem free.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have an HK USP .45 ACP pistol that has been wonderful to shoot.  With that said, I also have a Hi-Point .45 ACP pistol that has performed very well and been a joy to shoot as well.

I have about 1400-1500 rounds through the Hi-Point and have not had one problem with it.  I make sure to clean it when done shooting and it has been a joy to shoot along with my other guns.

I think alot of you all out there hear a few people say something negative about a particular firearm and you all jump on the wagon.  How many of you voicing criticizm about Hi-Point actually have shot or owned one???  I would guess not many.

There may be bad Hi-Point firearms out there but I know my pistol has been a joy to shoot and problem free.

[FordFairlane] Johnny had taste.  It was in his ass, but he had taste.[/FF]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Just make sure you get the sights mounted on the side of the slide, for cool, ghetto-style shooting.

Homie sights are the way to go!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]
navy 4 life, my cousin has one (9mm) and he said he likes it.  I don't know how much he shoots it though.  I also a read a gun mag article where the guys just wanted to rip it, but they said they couldn't because it was actually useable.  Now, I don't think I personally would get one because I think they're freeking ugly.  But with that said, most of these guys are blowing smoke because you're right, they probably never had one.  With the exception of the gentleman that said he sold one to his brother and it jammed all the time.  I wonder if he was shooting fmj or not?  They say the feed ramp aint the best on those.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
wait i missed the part about federal reserve cop. I am going to call BS here. I work with LOTS of federal reserve sites and they carry ONLY issue pistols. Usually SW 38 revolvers. Most of them are contractors and most of them have NO CLUE!!

I agree. This story reaked of BS from the get go, but some people just might be that stupid and just might find their way into a job, so you never can tell....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#22]
No shit, this guy really did work at the Fed Res Bank and he was talking about carrying his hi-point off duty.  He said that they issed SIGS (I think).

I was nice to him and suggested that he get a Springfield-armory, SIG or a Glock for off-duty carry, but he siad the the Hi-Point was fine and he didn't have the money for a Glock or a SIG.

I felt bad for him, but he was defending the Hi-Point asa good carry gun.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I alway hope the "Other Guy" has one!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#24]

It's your life. What's it worth?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I won a Hi Point PC-9 in a raffle.  It was quite accurate at self defense ranges and it ran perfectly.  This was the first time I ever handled or shot a Hi Point.

Pic of target:  http://lagadelphia.no-ip.info/closeup.jpg

Warning:  Large picture.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Handgun snobs.  Not everyone has the money to buy a REAL handgun.  Hi-points LOOK like a real handgun (well kinda) and they go bang (well sometimes), but that should be good enough unless you're some sort of stuck up Gucci-handgun wanna-be.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top