Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2004 2:34:31 PM EDT
I just bought a Springfield "Loaded" 1911, and I can't, for the lilfe of me, figure out how to take the thing apart. I already own a Springfield GI Mil-Spec, and can take it apart blindfolded, but this new one is way complicated.

I follow the directions, all the way to the part where it tells me to push the recoil spring guide foward and put a pin in the hole. I can't find a hole to put a pin in. It can't go any farther. There's no hole. Is there any other way to take it apart?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
A'ight, I stopped reading the manual, and just played with it, and got it apart.

I bought the full-sized loaded model, in OD Green.

I took the 4mm allen head and unscrewed the guide rod about half-way, then disassembled the pistol. That worked. Went and bought a big t-handle 4mm hex key today, for the same purpose.

Another question, for anyone with a 1911 with a FLGR: If you ride the slide down on an empty chamber, slowly, does the pistol fail to go into battery? Mine does.

I think I'm gonna take it the FLGR out soon. I see no advantages beyond the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The Springfield Loaded in OD Green is a great looking gun, congrats. Now all you need to do is install a standard/GI length guide rod in it and you're all set.
An allen wrench to field strip a 1911? That just aint right.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Any 1911 should go into complete battery if you let the slide down slowly, IMO. I assume you're doing this with an unloaded weapon & the empty mag out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top