Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 4:07:22 PM EDT
I just got a chance to read the new American Rifleman magazine, and in it they reviewed the SR9.  

Needless to say, they loved the ergo's of the piece, however, I did note the trigger pull was listed as 10 lbs.  Was this a misprint?  is it really 10 lbs?  

Any owners out there, and if so, can you confirm or deny this claim?  I am kinda heartbroken cause this is a showstopper for me.  thanks for the help!

billy boy
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The SR9's trigger is pretty awful.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It sure doesn't feel ten pounds to me.

I shoot Glocks mainly, and an XD.

I actually just got an SR9C and really like it! Shoots well. Nice sights, ergos, etc. For $400 can't be beat, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a fan of the SR9 trigger, but 10lbs is a bit high, IMO.  The ones I've shot were not that heavy.

Go over rugerforum.com and see what they think and how they deal with smoothing up the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot a friend's and the trigger was awful. Very heavy and gritty. Could easily have been 10 lbs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought an SR9 back BEFORE the recall and I liked the gun. The trigger was decent and it shot well. I got word of the recall and sent it in. When it returned , The trigger SUCKED.
I liked the gun so I tried to get used to the change. I never did and sold the gun and will never own another.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The trigger has been updated again and the new ones are much better. I sold mine last year because of the trigger. The new ones are good enough I would purchase one again. It's back on par with a Glock or other striker-fired guns.

When the SR9C was released, it had an improved trigger, which is now on the new SR9s that are being produced.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
There ain't no way the SR9 has a 10 pound trigger pull.

It felt strange to me at first because it was my first striker-fired
pistol, but it ain't THAT bad.

And, yes, once the mag safety is disconnected, the trigger pull is
better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top