Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 4:04:19 PM EDT
Alright, I have a question.  If you were looking to either get a Kimber .22 Conversion kit for a 1911 or an Advantage Arms .22 Conversio kit for a Glock which would you get?  Why?

CSP

Please, no 1911 vs Glock debate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would skip the Kimber kit all together. If I were going to go with a 1911 conversion, I'd get the Marvel kit.  http://www.marvelprecision.com/   .  I'd go with the Marvel 1911 conversion but I understand the Advantage Arms Glock kits are very good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak towards the Kimber kit. But my AA kit for a mini-Glock has been one of the best firearms investments I've ever made. All reliability / product issues are fine. I just wish the mags had higher cap.
So considering it's my carry gun, and overall primary defensive handgun; the inexpensive practice is hugely valuable.

Your two choices represent two entirely different platforms. Which one are you serious about commiting to? When you know that answer-  then get the .22 kit that reflects it.

-JC
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
get both.

since both are fun.

i just got my Marvel 6" Long slide for one of my 1911s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would skip the Kimber kit all together. If I were going to go with a 1911 conversion, I'd get the Marvel kit.  http://www.marvelprecision.com/   .  I'd go with the Marvel 1911 conversion but I understand the Advantage Arms Glock kits are very good.

This exactly.  

I have a marvel that is a masterpiece.  It will shoot one inch groups at 50 yards.  That is amazing.  It is literally Olympic quality.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
plinker and for increased practice for the carry gun-glock
for precision shooting -1911,marvel
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd say just buy a GSG1911 if you want a 22LR 1911.  costs just a little more than a conversion kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top