Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 9:06:28 AM EDT
A couple buddies and I have been doing alot of hangun shooting lately. The same old stuff is getting a bit boring.

We want to keep safe, etc....we just need some new ideas for cheap targets, target related shooting games, etc...

Any idea would be great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked in to IDPA, USPSA, IPSC or bowling pin matches.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
No, we haven't.

We are looking for something a little less formal to start with. I have been shooting handguns for years (not sying I am any good) and the others are relative new comers to pistol shooting.

I did a little falling plate shooting a number of years ago, and that way alot of fun.......

I am thinking something more simple, along the lines of special targets, etc...

I did find a good website with some targets that you can score differently for different hits....that may be a good start for us.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]
a box of Ritz type crackers will keep you busy for quite a while and makes the Field mice, Chipmunks, Possums and Skunks happy..

WATERMELONS or Honeydews with faces drawn on..$5 a melon

shooting cards,

but,,

,from the edge..splitting the card..

balloons

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I know this is not exaclty what you asked but I have a hand thrower for ritz crackers (and ritz bits if you are just too good) that has driven many a shotgunner to cursing.

For handgun, a timer and steel plates is great fun but destroys your trigger control.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a local IDPA or USPSA / Steel Challenge club.  They are always seeking new shooters and tend to be very welcoming and helpful.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy a shot timer, use your imagination, ???, Profit!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I love shooting helium balloons tied to rocks or something similar. Sometimes we'll buy one of those small helium tanks from Wally World and a bunch of balloons, then tie them up in pairs pretty close together on a stick or 2by4 and practice "Saving the Hostage". Its pretty fun and productive as well. Of course the little helium tank gets blasted at the end, pretty fun too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you watch Top Shot? Plenty of ideals on that show to keep it fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, we haven't.

We are looking for something a little less formal to start with. I have been shooting handguns for years (not sying I am any good) and the others are relative new comers to pistol shooting.

I did a little falling plate shooting a number of years ago, and that way alot of fun.......

I am thinking something more simple, along the lines of special targets, etc...

I did find a good website with some targets that you can score differently for different hits....that may be a good start for us.

You really should look at the competitive shooting sports. I received my first handgun for Christmas last year, and started shooting USPSA matches this spring. I'm having a blast, and my shooting is getting consistently better every match. I started out as a class C shooter and am looking at moving up to to class A in the near future if I keep shooting as well as I have been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top