Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:39:18 PM EDT
I am interested in purchasing a hi-power in the silver crome finish and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with how durable it is.  I have also become recently aware that there is a rare nickel finish that was produced for a year or two.  Can anyone comment on finish durability?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am interested in purchasing a hi-power in the silver crome finish and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with how durable it is.  I have also become recently aware that there is a rare nickel finish that was produced for a year or two.  Can anyone comment on finish durability?

If you plan on carrying the HP, go with the silver chrome. It is pretty durable.
Most nickel finished guns will began to flake if they are carried and used extensively.

That and those nickel HP's run quite a bit of $$$$.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've have the version your talking about and I have'nt shot it too much but I've had it fo r16 years.[/img]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've have the version your talking about and I have'nt shot it too much but I've had it fo r16 years.http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/DSC_0265.jpg[/url]

I have a friend who has an HP just like the one pictured and it is the most accurate 9mm I've ever shot! I think the triggers may even be somewhat tuned at the factory (or maybe it's the chrome finish on the gun and mags?) but all I know is the trigger on his is much nicer then on my standard MKIII model and is still has the mag disconnect. Only thing I do not care for on those is the target sights, especially for a CCW piece.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a satin nickel from 1981 and it really is a nice looking High Power.  I bought a MkIII as a platform for a custom gun because I didn't want to mess up the nickel one.  I don't carry it but in just normal use it's been fine.  No signs of chipping yet and I do shoot it fairly often.  A chrome model should be relatively bulletproof.  Chrome is very tough stuff and if you don't mind silver is probably the best finish you can have for durability.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Silver-chrome is probably the most durable factory finish your going to find on a BHP, IMO.  Mine:

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Silver Chrome model that is pictured by SANDWM..., also.
The Silver Chrome is actually a hard chrome finish which is one of the hardest and most durable finishes you can get.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Tripp Research did the Hard Chrome finish and trigger job on this .40 BHP, and despite regular carry it looks like the day I got it out of the FedEx box.
With the trigger work and Sprinco Recoil rod/springs it's a pleasure to shoot with Ranger T 165gr ammo.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a beautiful piece !
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tripp Research did the Hard Chrome finish and trigger job on this .40 BHP, and despite regular carry it looks like the day I got it out of the FedEx box.
With the trigger work and Sprinco Recoil rod/springs it's a pleasure to shoot with Ranger T 165gr ammo.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edwin907/BHPHC1.jpg

How much did you spend on that job?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edwin907/BHPHC1.jpg

How much did you spend on that job?

The real kicker is the $50 trigger job!
That's all he charged since it all had to come apart anyway for the chroming.
It's not a match trigger by any means but very nice for a BHP.
Total with 4 extra mags I think it was like $265.
Now I did also have a P7M13 done at the same time, so I might have gtten a multi gun discount.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top