Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2003 8:33:23 PM EDT
I just got done cleaning my BDM after putting about 200 rounds through it at the range. For some reason when the hammer is all the way down, the it will not fire double action anymore. The trigger is just slack. It still functions when the hammer is at half-cock or cocked completely, but it never used to do this before, I would be able to get double action out of it on a dropped hammer. Is this normal, or was it never supposed to be able to be fired from the drop position in the first place? It isn't the selector switch, I tried moving it from single to double and back again. Is this ok? Or is it not safe to fire and should be taken to a gunsmith? Thanx.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not normal.

First thing I'd do is a detailed strip and clean. In particular, make sure that the switch is working. When you turn the switch to the revolver mode, will it work double action?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My roommate decided to fiddle with it while I was gone. Turns out it was just a spring that was not in place. Quick fix. Thought it might have been something worse.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My roommate decided to fiddle with it while I was gone.  

Beat his ass!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My roommate decided to fiddle with it while I was gone.  

Beat his ass!

Hey, i let the marine fiddle with it to his heart's content. Then after he gave up, this flyboy took 5 minutes, and FIXED IT.

I tell ya....them darn marines....

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, you didn't SAY he was a Marine!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, you didn't SAY he was a Marine!!!!!!    

Naw.....but his sig says so.

Nothing like an Air Force computer geek telling a Marine infantryman how to fix his sidearm.

lol....
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Naw.....but his sig says so.

Nothing like an Air Force computer geek telling a Marine infantryman how to fix his sidearm.

lol....

Explain to me how his sig line can tell what his roomie is????????
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#8]
FNMI RIFLEMAN is the marine.

His sig says so.

He is the one with the BDM.

I am his "zoomie" roomie.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#9]
my wife has a bdm and loves it, small grip for a small hand
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#10]
i was amazed at that...
very narrow for a double stack 9mm. mags are jsut expensive as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top