Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 1:59:51 AM EDT
After a year or so of looking I finally found the Hi-Power I was looking for. The Silver Chrome model.$582 out the door. I`m getting it with 2 10 round mags, box and instructions. It has about 100 rounds on it. It also has adjustible sights. Basically how did I do? Also where can I find Browning Hicaps? I want at least 2 13 rounders.Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say you did pretty good on the deal. That's less than what a new FN Hi Power is selling for currently.

Factory 13-round magazines are fairly expensive, generally running $50 to $60. If you keep your eyes open on the auctions and other web-based sellers, you can sometimes get some fair deals.

Right now the South African 15-round and 17-round magazines seem to be the way to go. CDNN sells them NIW for about $20 each.

A second option is from a guy who advertises on Gunbroker and Auction Arms under the name of "reddoggxx." His name is Paul Hadella and he sells what he calls "Canadian Military" 13-round magazines. Some sources say this is not so, but Paul is pretty well-known over on czforum.com and stands by what he sells (he'll refund your money if they don't work). I've bought CZ magazines from him and he's been great to deal with and says these Hi Power magazines function great in his mid-seventies HP. I'll be including some HP magazines with my next order. At any rate, he'll sell the magazines two for $30 shipped (cheaper than his auction prices since he's not tagged for any fees) and is set up to take Paypal. You can contact him at [email protected]. Just remove the "NOPSPAM" to email him.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I just hope that I didn`t do a little "too good" on this one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats.  

There's also a website for HPs, of course what doesn't have a website these days, over at:

www.fnhipower.com

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard man.
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I got my Hi-Power last Thursday. I only put 100 rounds thru it but I love it. But one question though. My mags aren`t dropping out when I press the mag release. Is it because they are the P.C. 10 rd mags? Or do you have to pull on all of them?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It's due to the magazine safety. Completely normal for a Hi Power. Remove the safety and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Just shot and cleaned mine BHP yesterday. I love this gun! I now just need more ammo and mags! What else is new!

BTW on the subject of mags has anyone here tried those 17 rd South African mags? Any good?

Also without changing anything on the gun my 10 shot mags a spitting out like a HK91 spits out brass! Love this gun!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just shot and cleaned mine BHP yesterday. I love this gun! I now just need more ammo and mags! What else is new!

BTW on the subject of mags has anyone here tried those 17 rd South African mags? Any good?

Also without changing anything on the gun my 10 shot mags a spitting out like a HK91 spits out brass! Love this gun!

I have two of the krd mags, one 17 rounder and one 15. They both work fine and have a blued finish. I've heard that the nickel finish ones have problems. go ahead and get 'em, they do have increadibly strong springs though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#9]
cduarte did you buy them from CDNN Investments?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the 17rd mag from cdnn, the 15rd mag came with my feg hipower
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I just ordered two 17 rd mags from CDNN. Now I hafta put my charge card away before.....
It melts!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got my 17rd mags from CDNN. So far everything looks good I just hafta try them out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got two that I ordered from them. They look good and function just like you would expect.
Its kinda neat getting 18 rounds out before reloading!

PS the funny looking loader things work on Beretta mags REALLY good!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Those 17rd mags work perfectly. And I love the price! How much are the factory original BHP mags?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#15]
factory hipower mags are pricey, from $40-60 usually. if you can find them, mecgar mags are very good and so are the hungarian ones that came with the FEG-PJK.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]
The supply of BHP factory and Mecgar hicap mags has really dried up over the last year or two.
Several years ago (circa 2000) I routinely found Mecgar hicaps under $40 and many right at $40.

I haven't seen those prices in some time now...

In fact I haven't seen many lately regardless of the price...although I haven't been looking all that much either compared to several years ago...

As noted there is still a good supply of the KRD/Argentine/SA mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top