Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 11:59:08 AM EDT
A couple of months ago I purchased a browning buckmark camper. I didn't realize until I got home that the sight base was plastic. No big deal, its not like its under high stress. Well, after putting 3000 rounds through the gun there is a problem. The back end of the sight base is cracked. Many people shot this gun today, so I cant be sure that one of them didn't drop it. However the more likely senario is that I tightened the rear screw too much last time I assembled it. My questions are: 1. where can i get a replacement part? 2. Do they make one out of metal instead of plastic?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, replacement parts are available from Browning. You might also want to check Square-D for some options before you replace your stock items, if you're ever thinking of doing some sort of handgun scope, for example.

You might also check Brownells for options, although I'm not certain what they may offer for the Buckmark.

Good luck to you, sir!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, replacement parts are available from Browning. You might also want to check Square-D for some options before you replace your stock items, if you're ever thinking of doing some sort of handgun scope, for example.

You might also check Brownells for options, although I'm not certain what they may offer for the Buckmark.

Good luck to you, sir!

do you have a web site for Square-D ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

do you have a web site for Square-D ?

No, but a little googling should set you right up, IMO.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/Pistol_sights.htm

Tactical Solutions also has a Buckmark rail, with integrated rear sight.  Go to their pricing page, I think it's $62.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
So I called Browning over a week ago, I tell them what I needed,
the woman says "ok, whats your adress we'll send one out"  
I give it to her
she says "you do realize this is just the base, you will have to take out the pin on the old one and transfer the sight to the new base"
i said "yes, that is fine"
Yesterday I get a package from them and it contained:
1.  Catalog of parts for all of their guns
2.  A type III buffer.

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd bet there is a guy who just got a sight base and is thinking "WTF, I needed a buffer."
I would call Browning and tell them they sent the wrong part. I dissambeled my buckmark for the first time in 10 years and probably 10K rounds. The buffer in the rear was totally gone. It might be a good idea to change it too.

Brownells has an excellent selection of parts. They have a clickable schematic that makes it easy. You need to know what year your buckmark was made.  Go to Browning's site and they have a tool for telling when you gun was made using the SN. The started using a lot more plastic in the more recient models. The firing pin assembly in my old Buckmark is all metal, but the assembly in my newer Buckmark rifle is plastic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Bah...still more problems.  I called browning back and they told me they can send me a new one IF i send the old one back.  I am sort of confused why the first time I called they said they would send it out no questions asked and now they want the old one back.  From what they are now telling me I have 2 options send the old one back and get a new one or just buy one.  I glued the old one and it seems to be functioning alright.  If I send the old base to them it will mean being without a funtioning gun until they send the new one (which will be the exact same plastic model as I broke before).  I may simply spend the money and buy an aluminum one online.

By the way: By funtioning gun I mean functioning for plinking not "I need this buckmark for personal defense" or anthing like that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

By the way: By funtioning gun I mean functioning for plinking not "I need this buckmark for personal defense" or anthing like that.

Well, don't discount the defense equation, IMO. One never knows when a tactical squirrel might happen upon ya!!!!!    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top