Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:05 PM EDT
Where can I read / learn more about which HPs. I know very little which are preferred? All Belgium?  How can you tell? What are the best places to find them?

Thanks,

Greg
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

Try the forum too, upper right hand.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

Try the forum too, upper right hand.  

Will do, thanks!

Greg
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr. Camp's book, The Shooters Guide to the BHP,  is very good. The various forums on the net are great places for info too, a wealth of knowledge and experience.

1911forum

forum.m1911.org

hipowersandhandguns forum

I have had pretty good luck on gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com and auctionarms.com.  Very few places in town here carry the BHP, and if they do they want way too much. CDNNsports.com has some good deals once in a while. You have to download their catalog though, they don't advertise their guns online.   I just ordered an new FN .40 S&W BHP from them for $399 to go with my two 9mm's.  They are out of the 9mm except for the ones with the SFS System in it. Good luck..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mr. Camp's book, The Shooters Guide to the BHP,  is very good. The various forums on the net are great places for info too, a wealth of knowledge and experience.

1911forum

forum.m1911.org

hipowersandhandguns forum

I have had pretty good luck on gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com and auctionarms.com.  Very few places in town here carry the BHP, and if they do they want way too much. CDNNsports.com has some good deals once in a while. You have to download their catalog though, they don't advertise their guns online.   I just ordered an new FN .40 S&W BHP from them for $399 to go with my two 9mm's.  They are out of the 9mm except for the ones with the SFS System in it. Good luck..

Thanks!

Greg
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
While the all-Belgium models are preferred, the "assembled in Portugal" models are certainly nothing to turn one's nose up at, IMO. I think these models give the best value for the $$, over the all-Belgium (too expensive for me) or Argentine models (not quite as nice).

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Bob.

That was post 11000 for you.

Congrats!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Bob.

That was post 11000 for you.

Congrats!

Eh, I don't either count nor celebrate that stuff. Clearly, I need a life!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
While the all-Belgium models are preferred, the "assembled in Portugal" models are certainly nothing to turn one's nose up at, IMO. I think these models give the best value for the $$, over the all-Belgium (too expensive for me) or Argentine models (not quite as nice).

My .o2

I'd agree with that.  I had one Portugal in .40 which I sold because I decided to stick with 9mm.  The fit and finish on a Portugal seemed very nice; the finish might have been nicer than a Belgian.  Since I didn't have a POrtugal 9, I couldn't do a side by side with a Belgian as far as part fit (by micrometer), but I see no reason to think they weren't just fine as a non-competition pistol. (Not a criticism - virtually anyting in a competition has to be worked on some)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top