Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 6:27:33 AM EDT
I have this HP that my dad gave me.  It is 30 years old but looks new out the box.

Anyway, it has a stock (at that time) small safety catch.  I was wanting to use this for CCW and want to get a safety with a larger  profile.  

Where is a good place to get this part?

Should a person with limited gunsmithing skills do this alone?
I have built a 9mm AR, but thats it.

Recommend a good carry holster?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with Cylinder and Slide they carry HP parts, also could check with Brownells
www.cylinder-slide.com/index.htm
www.brownells.com/

RC
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I used the Cylider and Slide model on mine.  I did the work myself and it turned out great.  They have good instructions and even have the places you do the fitting marked in paint.  Made a world of difference too.

I'f you're uncomfortable with doing it yourself, you're local gunsmith should be more than capable of fitting it if he's actually getting money for his work and his first name isn't "Bubba".

The C&S unit is much easier to hit than the OEM, and it has real "clicks" instead of the more mushy OEM one does.  

I'd avoid the extended slide stops, as people get a mixed bag of results with them.  Besides, the BHP's slide stop is so well located, there's no point in changing it really.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The usual suspects: Brownells, Midway, Denny's, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Any of you that carry with the HP have any problems the the extended safety working its way off safe because of its size, or with the non-rounded hammer that I have poking you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't had a problem with the spur hammer, but know others that have.  The simple fix is to just go to the round hammer.  Usually takes care of it with little cost or work.  I prefer the round one anyway, I just don't have one on mine.

I've also had no problem with the safety coming off.  The thing with the C&S unit I have on mine is it clicks positively into "safe" or "fire".  The original was kinda mushy.  I actually feel the C&S safety is less likely to do anything accidentally than the OEM because of this.  It certainly stays in either postion better than the OEM.  The safety clicks like a 1911 now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top