Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 2:01:06 PM EDT
I was looking at Kydex but there are few companies that make them specifically for the HiPower and no one seems to have them in stock.  

I found this in the Sportsmen's guide and ordered one:

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=240119

I got it today and have been wearing it around, trying it out.  It fits great!  No slop, really snug, and good heavy leather.  The stitching is really heavy duty.  Price- $40.  Can't beat it.  

Only one minor negative, it comes with an elastic loop to hold the pistol in.  I don't think it's neccessary and its difficult to put on and take off quickly if you carry cocked and locked.  I'll probably cut mine off and go without since the holster is snug enough using the tension screw.

Good shooting.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You can order direct from Fobus & Bladetech. I use Fobus for my HP at matches.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Fobus and hate it.   The problem with most holsters for the HiPower is that the manufacturers claim that a 1911 holster works just as well.  I'm sorry, but they don't.  Usually fits too loose and sloppy.  Been there, done that.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Fobus and hate it.   The problem with most holsters for the HiPower is that the manufacturers claim that a 1911 holster works just as well.  I'm sorry, but they don't.  Usually fits too loose and sloppy.  Been there, done that.  

I've never heard that, I thought the HP had its own holster????
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out some of the big name holsters and look at the SKU numbers for 1911 and the BHP.  Often they are the same.  They are close but are far from interchangable.  

I bought a $85 leather holster one time at a gun show.  Top notch, name brand holster company. Great leather, awesome holster IF you had a 1911.  The vendor assured me that it would fit the HiPower properly.  In that companies catalog, it lists the same SKU number for HP and 1911.  Well, the HP slopped all around in it and certainly didn't fit right.  Sold it at a loss to a friend with a 1911.  I don't like to name manufacturers but if you search around you'll see what I mean.  

This is not meant to be a slam on the truly custom leather makers as I'm sure they make them fit right. Problem is, although very nice, these holsters will usually run you over $100 to start.

Here is the one from Sportsmens Guide.  Marked "Classic Old West Styles" on the back.  "HP" for size/type.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The Bianchi 19L is a made in a Hi Power only version and works quite well.
I also have a Bianchi Model 5 Belt Slide that works very well for the Hi Power and my Gold Cup.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I really love Garrity holsters, and they are under $100.  They are high grade custom holsters.

http://garritysgunleather.com/

The BHP holster shown below is the Changeling, and is adjustable for cant through a pretty wide range.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm tempted to get one of those sportsmans guide holster for my Arcus. I wonder if it would fit good...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top