Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 7:15:58 AM EDT
I recieved an FM detective kit from SARCO yesterday, and here are my initial observations:

The slide, barrel, and associated parts seem to be well fitted and finished, appeaers to be baked enamel (?) unknown yet as to what is underneath.

the assembly fit well on my FN contract frame.  Nice ribbed top for sight plane, 3 dot sights.  This one does NOT have the billboard lettering on the early kits.

The sights are regualted well, it shoots very closely to POA with a variety of ammo.

No stoppages of any kind, with any ammo.

I had not heard about the soft steel, I will later test it with a center punch.

I am happy with it, so far.

Ops
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report! I'm considering the FM Det. kit for one of my HP's

RC
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Ops,
Was the steel supposed to be soft on just the Detective Kit or on complete Argentine M-95 pistols as well?

Shot one of these a few days ago and it felt good and shot well. Was thinking about getting one from Sarco.

thanks
x~
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ops,
Was the steel supposed to be soft on just the Detective Kit or on complete Argentine M-95 pistols as well?

Shot one of these a few days ago and it felt good and shot well. Was thinking about getting one from Sarco.

thanks
x~

There have been some posts on various forums re FM's and soft steel. Reports of the pistols showing early signs of wear and dinging. However for the price (if the reports are true) and depending on how much shooting you do with it, I see no problem in having one. But that said too, many own and state that they have had no such problems. Just try to get as much info as you can then make your decision. I've waited for a while and now am going to pick up a kit.

RC
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
stingerHP,

Thanks. I am still looking at information about these. You are right however, for the price I might pick one up.

Thanks
r~
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear, I asked about them a few posts ago as I was thinking about buying one.  I think I might go ahead and get it now that someone has posted real-world experience with one.  thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top