Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 7:45:33 AM EDT
I have a MkIII #245NW74*** that is about to take a trip to Novak's for either the Home Defense Package plus a few extras or, what I'd really like but keep looking at the $$$, the Special Ops Package.

In any event, I am looking at the block on their work order form for the sight-in...what round? what distance?

Well, I have heard two schools of thought on the use of +p and +p+. I shoot +P+ 115gr. Gold Dots loaded by Georgia Arms in my Beretta 92FS & Glock 17. Bill Laughridge of Cylinder & Slide has repeatedly said: No +p in Hi Powers!!!

What do I want to do? If I stick to standard pressure loads, are we in agreement on Stephen Camp's recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Stephen Camp know his business and his findings based on testing are IMHO pretty damn good. I don't practice with +P's but I do carry for SD loads. Shooting +P's occasionally will not harm your HP but making a regular diet might lead to excessive wear on the pistol. Plus there are some pretty good self defense loads that are not +P's available.

RC
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Novak's spec ops and love it.  Make sure you post pics when it comes back!

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

For info from Stephen Camp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top