Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 2:43:53 PM EDT
How much should I pay for a NIB Browning Hi Power?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an easy question to answer. The variables here include finish, grips, sights, and other options, not to mention vintage. Probably $400-$800 on average.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I'm just learning about Hi Power's. I'm not sure on the finish, it has black grips with a raise thumb area but I'm getting some Spiegel grips tossed in on the deal, the sights have white squares on each post and it’s a new gun. They want $500 for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with CDNN.  They were carrying FN Hi Powers for cheap a while back.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I'm just learning about Hi Power's. I'm not sure on the finish, it has black grips with a raise thumb area but I'm getting some Spiegel grips tossed in on the deal, the sights have white squares on each post and it’s a new gun. They want $500 for it.

Spegels alone are worth $100.00. Now if the condition of the pistol is good then it is a good price. If you could get and post the first 5 digits of the s/n then we should be able to date it and supply more info on it. Also if you can tell what the stampings on either side of the slide state that would help also.

RC
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I will see if I can get the S/N and the stampings on the slide.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, first 5 digits of the S/N are 245NW. On the right side of the slide it says "Made in Belgium" "Assembled in Portugal" and on the left side of the slide it says "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q." I hope that helps.

As far as condition goes, I dont think its ever been fired.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, first 5 digits of the S/N are 245NW. On the right side of the slide it says "Made in Belgium" "Assembled in Portugal" and on the left side of the slide it says "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q." I hope that helps.

As far as condition goes, I dont think its ever been fired.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner (I got your PM tonight). The s/n means that the HP was mfg in 1994 for Browing, the "245" designates that it is a 9mm and based on date of mfg it is a MKIII. The stampings of the slide are typical of Browning HP's that are mfgd by FN. All parts are made in  Belgium and final assembly (to save production costs) is in Portugal. If it is NIB then it would likely be in the mid $600.00 price range. So if you can get it for less it is a very good deal.

RC
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, I think I am going to pick it up for $500-$550. Thanks for your help stingerHP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If it is NIB for $500, then it indeed is a good buy!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked it up for $540 for the gun and the Spegel grips. I really like this gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top