Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:21:42 PM EDT
was told in a post on another forum that this was a good .22 cal for a n00b shooter.

Anyone have any opinions?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you mean the "Buckmark" model? If so, yes, it makes a wonderful beginners gun. What sets the Buckmark above the others, IMO, is the fact that experienced shooters love them for their accuracy & quality. You can buy a cheaper .22, but not a better one unless you get a S&W Model 41 costing $700 or so.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently got a used (in like new condition) Buckmark Micro with smaller than standard grips and a 4 inch bull barrel for $175.  It shoots well, and fits my wife's small hands, but is still substantial enough for me to shoot too.

I would certainly recommend one with only one word of caution - I have heard many reports of plastic sight bases on the Camper model cracking.  My Micro model has a metal sight base.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a small .22 then I mean a Buckmark.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top