Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:55:47 PM EDT
does anyone out there sell a complete parts kit for a MK1 Hi power less slide and frame?

thanks for any help. trying to not have to buy this stuff by the piece. that could get pricey quick.

didn't there used to be an FN hi power site online too? can't seem to find it, did they go under too?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at several sources over the last few days, and have found nothing.  One of those sources was SARCO Inc.  They had them just a couple months back.  It was not on their website, but then again, their website is very weak.  I would give them a call and see if they have some complete kits.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I looked at several sources over the last few days, and have found nothing.  One of those sources was SARCO Inc.  They had them just a couple months back.  It was not on their website, but then again, their website is very weak.  I would give them a call and see if they have some complete kits.

I tried sarco online and you're right, the site is lacking. time to give them a call I'll let you know what they say.

thanks for the help. I'm coming up zero too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
well, Sarco doesn't have kits, and from the way he was talking I'm not sure they have "all" the parts I'll need.

time to go back to the schematics
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got  one of the SARCO parts guns.  I've got all parts and Pachmayr grips. Barrel has pin in the chamber. Firing pin hole is welded over in the slide, frame cam  is goofed up and its painted red. I'll part with the whole thing (through FFL) for $150. I paid $180 total (not including FFL fee and shipping)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW all the parts are there in the parts gun. They may need soaking in acetone which I could do if you wanted it.  My story is that I bought 3 of these to restore, 2 went really easy and I plan on posting pics on a thread when I'm complete. I  would like to part with the 3rd.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW all the parts are there in the parts gun. They may need soaking in acetone which I could do if you wanted it.  My story is that I bought 3 of these to restore, 2 went really easy and I plan on posting pics on a thread when I'm complete. I  would like to part with the 3rd.

IM sent
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you called Browning in Utah & see what they might have to offer?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Have you called Browning in Utah & see what they might have to offer?

I didn't get the chance to today, have plans to tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Yikes, the last time I did that I got a surprise.  I wanted a slide for a hi-power, nothing fancy.  $750 for a stripped 9mm slide, no fancy sights or finish, and I just about choked.  Another time I wanted a factory ambi safety.  They wanted something like $110.  Their prices are unreal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yikes, the last time I did that I got a surprise.  I wanted a slide for a hi-power, nothing fancy.  $750 for a stripped 9mm slide, no fancy sights or finish, and I just about choked.  Another time I wanted a factory ambi safety.  They wanted something like $110.  Their prices are unreal.

no wonder they wanted to call me back today.  Ching Ching

I have a CDNN red BHP in line to be purchased. hopefully I won't have to go the factory route at those prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top