Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:06:19 AM EDT
I have a HP that is over 30 years old but is as cherry as the day it came out of the box.  I inquired here about its use for concealed carry on this post.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=39&t=19971

I got positive response for its use as a CCW.

Because of its age, it has the old fashion stock (and small) safety catch.  I think if am going to carry this concealed locked and cocked the higher profile catch would be better.

So, my questions are:  where do I get one?  Is it easy to change?  Should I do this at all?

As far as changing it, I have limited gunsmithing experience.  I have assembled a AR15 lower, but that is my resume, would I be better off with a gunsmith? Is the stock catch better for my use?

THANKS
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a reprint of the British Armys P35 manual at a gunshow.  It gives detailed dis/re assembly info.  Several firms make components for the P35.  Most after market parts are over sized in some areas & require minor fitting.   The small factory safety is one bad point on an otherwise fine pistol.   You might find a drop in safety.  If so its an easy swap.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend to go with a competent gunsmith.  Hi Power safeties seem to be tricky to fit and are a little on the "spongy" side anyways compared to say a well fit, crisp 1911 safety.  I had a Cylinder and Slide safety put onto my FN years ago by a third party local gunsmith, and it was not done well.  While better than the original safety, it is not how I would prefer it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top