Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 7:37:09 PM EDT
I saw one at the local shop for $325, it looked well made, it said made in the USA, but I swore CDs were from the Philipians. Are CDs OK? What about the price?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
In a word... NO!

You are much better off will a real HP.

CDNN has them for only $399, or so.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
By "real", do you meen Browning or FN?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he meant BHP.

Max
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Charles Daly's make great paperweights. Aside from that, they're generally shit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
By "real", do you meen Browning or FN?

Both are "real."  The Browning is made by FN.  Due to some differences in finishing, the Browning is preferred.  The current production is manufactured in Belgium, and then the parts are sent to a plant in Portugal for assembly and finish.  I have some Belgian Hi-Powers which say Browning, etc, and on the other side of the slide say "produced by Fabrique Nationale  Herstal".  And these are older ones.  I see no fault with the Portugal assembled ones, actually do a nice blue job.  Some of the new FN Hi-Powers have certain small mechanical differences, and a much inferior finish.  I'm talking current production.  So, to answer the thrust of your question, if it says Browning, and marked manufactured by FN, it's fine, and the terms are interchangeable.  WIthout the Browning, it's a somewhat different story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top