Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2020 2:51:59 PM EDT
I will be buying another Hi-Power next week from a friend.  
He has couple of Israeli imports and I have a choice between Mk II or Mk III versions.  Both are same price and both are in very good+ condition and the Mk II has the lanyard ring.  Is there any reason to choose one over the other?  I'm thinking of getting the Mk II as I like the lanyard ring.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
As a sucker for lanyard rings myself I agree with your thinking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The m3 has dovetail sight so can change them easily.

M2 would be a problem.

Other than that not much difference.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several MkII's and they are my favorites for range use.

But the cast frame MkIII's will be better if you plan to carry.
Stronger frame
Easier to replace sights
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
MKIII- more expensive to change sights on the MKII, and the stock sights on the MKIII are better to begin with.  I only changed the sights on one of my MKIII pistols, and that was only because the rear was slipping in the dovetail due to overly aggressive filing when they fitted it at the factory.  My daily carry is a MKIII with stock sights, and I see no reason to change them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go MKIII
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Mark III for all the reasons stated above.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]
As a BHP man myself I suggest offer to buy both.  They don't make them anymore, as you know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
My first power back in mid 80's was a MKII. Classic sleek lines with the rib on top of slide with the drain hole. Not much to go wrong. Then the MKIII arrived with dovetail sights and after a few years the cast frame was standard which we now know stands up better to hotter loads. All are gone but a few collectable T Series and a 1972 Novak Special Ops that's buried in the safe. Go with the MKIII. More options with sights, and possibly will have the cast frame if not an early steel frame MKIII. But I'd own either one if pickings were slim......
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Mk3 for better safety and the dovetail sights.  The cast vs forged Frame is less important but again mk3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top