Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2020 5:11:25 AM EDT
I currently have a older style FEG that is a copy of the BHP.  I removed the trigger assembly so that I could remove the Mag Disconnect. Now with the Mag Disconnect removed the trigger has a lot of rearward slop and the trigger pin is loose. The pin when removed came out with minimal effort. I wanted to know if the trigger spring was supposed to keep tension on the  trigger pin?  I am also wondering if I could have  installing the trigger group incorrectly, but it seems to function, but with a lot of trigger take up and then the trigger pin gets loose.  The trigger spring does not seem to be seating into the grove in the pin.  Does anyone have any ideas? The pistol did function properly before removing the trigger assembly and disconnect.  Thanks for any help or advice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Well , after messing with this thing for a while I was  able to determine that the trigger spring got bent up. I bent the spring a bit and the trigger works fine now.  I think I am going to replace the with  the replacement I have just to have a piece of mind.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Here you go OP. These guys have what you need.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here you go OP. These guys have what you need.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/
View Quote

I currently have a brownells 3 coil replacement spring. I am not sure if there good or not. I have had other people recommend that kit and it would probably be better if I have all the springs replaced.
To keep the pin tight I just added a little bit of lock tight and it seems to be working. I will need to take it to the range to really make sure it functions properly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Tamas if you have your magazine disconnect removed, you should go with the 2 coil spring as that is how the bhp was designed originally.  The 3 coil is for MD that is still in place.  In the past I always bought my springs from browning direct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top