Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2020 5:08:07 PM EDT
While picked up a browning in 40 a month ago. Turns out it is the one I sold at the shop where I got it back. Paid what I sold it for.

Since I got it back I have decided to upgrade/mod the gun now that have some money and time.

Easy upgrade was the grips, altomata floral pattern dark rose wood.

It is currently in at the smith having a barsto 9mm barrel installed.

From there is the question.

I want to make into a carry gun so....

Night sights yes

Mag disconnect does not bother me since the trigger is smooth with very little up take.

Other mods?

I will post pictures when I get it back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
this a Hi-power right?  I'd get a C&S safety,trigger,slide release and maybe even a hammer. Top priority is a great holster. I have no suggestions there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Luckily 1911 holsters fit nicely, I have a number of classic leather holsters from the 80's that I'm glad I kept!

On all of mine I installed ambi safeties, and lengthened slide stops. The all of the rest I left as it was, they work.

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
MK3 safety, good sights, and a decent trigger job. I prefer a Garthwaite trigger. If you’re not going to get the front and backstraps textured then grip/skateboard tape works well.

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with Novak for the top end, right off the bat.  They have a 1911 sized set of standard Novaks that looks and work great on the Hi Power slide.

I would definitely go with a C and S, A2 sear as the original factor sear can peen out after 9 or 10 thousand rounds.  If you start getting hammer follow, it's usually the factory sear dying on you.

Since Hi-Powers went to cast frame, grips will often not quite fit tightly and they will often shift a bit on the frame, causing the grip screws to continually come loose.  Bed the grips to the frame just like bedding a rifle action.  BTW: since the HP uses Euro-Style screw slots, cut and grind a driver bit to fit your grip screws or go to Torx or Hex screws.

I personally prefer bobbing the standard  hammer on the BHP as to using a rowel hammer.  Also, rounding the back edges along the entire, exposed back portion of the hammer greatly reduces bite.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top