Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2020 10:14:33 PM EDT
Just picked up me first Hi-Power.

Have a few questions:

1.) What is the best quality mag to use?

2.) This one may have a problem. I attempted the "click test".
Full cock - safety on - pull trigger
On mine the safety then seems to "stick" on. When I push the safety down down the hammer falls! It looks like to half cock. Is this in any way normal?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Best mags are Browning factory or Mecgars. Mecgar makes the mags for Browning.

No that's not normal. The hammer should remain cocked with your finger off the trigger and when the safety is taken off.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What T-Tac said. The best price I find for MecGar is at www.gunmagwarehouse.com. Traditional 13 round mags in stock for $20.99 and reasonable shipping charge.

Stay away from Promag brand, especially those modified for 10 round laws. The bodies are usually warped.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you dont do the mag safety delete, stainless mags are smoother than the others.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesticearms.com

He's a member here, quick shipping, fair prices.

I just got four 15rnd mecgars for a hp.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yet another source.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/browning-mecgar-magazines-c-121/?zenid=q6kvhbig3f6beqpc9nqctjkdq0

Great source for mags of all sorts.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yet another source.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/browning-mecgar-magazines-c-121/?zenid=q6kvhbig3f6beqpc9nqctjkdq0

Great source for mags of all sorts.

View Quote

Cool. Just ordered some mags from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top