Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2005 11:46:21 AM EDT
Who is a good vendor to get my Hi Power worked on?  I need new low profile sights put on and have the whole thing refinished.  Haven't seen many claiming to work on P35's
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Cylinder & Slide may be your best bet?

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who is a good vendor to get my Hi Power worked on?  I need new low profile sights put on and have the whole thing refinished.  Haven't seen many claiming to work on P35's

Here's who I'd trust: www.yost-bonitz.com. They're not cheap and they're not fast -- but they're GOOD. I just had Ted Yost perform trigger work and remove the mag safeties on two of my MKIII Hi Powers. The quality of the work was well worth it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My old Mk II rib-gun is going to Novak's for new sights and little more one of these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to order sights from Novaks for mine.  If you have an older model, the one with the 1911 style extractor, you can't use their sights.  You would have to cut too far down into the slide.  If it's a newer model, I would recommend Novak.  You can get nice Craig Spegel grips from them as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Clinder & Slide
Novak's .45 Shop
The Action Works
Yost-Bonitz
Karl Sokol
Jim Garthwaite
Evolution Gun Works

Theres a ton of people that do quality work that could help you.  That's the SHORT list.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#6]
THANKS all!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Clinder & Slide
Novak's .45 Shop
The Action Works
Yost-Bonitz
Karl Sokol
Jim Garthwaite
Evolution Gun Works

Theres a ton of people that do quality work that could help you.  That's the SHORT list.

I know C&S is in NH, but are any of the others in AZ, especially around Tucson?  (If all goes well, I'll be living there in a few months, and a local gunsmith would be good to know)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top