Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 9:35:23 PM EDT
The BHP Mk2 that I bought in December 2010 has sat patiently in my safe until this week, waiting for a well-deserved makeover. It had obviously been carried a lot and shot very little. Mechanically it was in fine shape, but the external parkerizing was a mess, and the sights had been banged against one too many donut store counters (a HUGE thanks to SSeric02, who sent me a replacement rear sight for free - a really nice guy ). All it took was a full tear down and cleanup, plus a good dose of black KG GunKote on the slide, frame and slide release. Oh, and with the mag safety out, the trigger is much more usable... this will definitely be out on the range for a steel or USPSA match sometime soon. Lastly, the CDNN replacement grips look and feel way better than the plastic originals. Overall, I'm very pleased with the result:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice looking MKII! Good score I might add on the MKII rear sight. This short run BHP (1982-1988) is my favorite with T series a close 2nd I might add. That ugly rib down the center and hole in front of slide gives them character! Have you shot it yet, and how did it shoot?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice looking MKII! Good score I might add on the MKII rear sight. This short run BHP (1982-1988) is my favorite with T series a close 2nd I might add. That ugly rib down the center and hole in front of slide gives them character! Have you shot it yet, and how did it shoot?

Thanks. It shot flawlessly before being restored. I plan to shoot it today for the first time after refinishing.

UPDATE: I shot it today and it still runs like a swiss clock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top