Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2011 9:08:44 PM EDT
I have a set on the way.  Does anyone use them and what do you think of them?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't think I would at first but like mine very much...they were designed by famed custom stock builder Craig Spegal...enjoy...functional and thin with the grippiness of rubber but not the stickiness some rubber stocks get...(I have only had mine installed a short time though)

Bill
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a set on the way.  Does anyone use them and what do you think of them?

I bought a junky Argentine HP with the UM grips....sold the gun, kept the grips. They ride now on my MkII Hi Power that makes every trip to the range. I liked them so much that I've made it a habit to scour the auctions and gun forums for these great grips.

They arent pretty, but they do work well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping I like them.  I tried a set of VZ Pro Slims for my Mk III, but they didn't fit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The only drawback to the Uncle Mike's/Spegal rubber grips for the Hi-Power is that Craig Spegal won't license their new production and everyone wants them!  I believe I read somewhere that KBI sold all their NOS spares to Gun Parts Corp. from their Charles Daly production a few months ago and they can be had for approx. $17.00 a pair.  Could be a rumor, can't really say.

I've used Craig Spegal's original wood grips and I've used the rubber Uncle Mike's examples.  Can't beat the rubber Uncle Mike's Hi-Power grips for pure fit and function!  The perfect Hi-Power grips, just one man's opinion.  Good Lord, I sound just like Clark Howard.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been trying to find a set for a while. They come up on Ebay once in a while but have been selling for $60+, way to much for  rubber grips.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
remember not to over tighten them...
Bill
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a set on my BHP.  I liked them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They`re my favorite High Power grips.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't stand them.  I have three sets sitting in my parts box.  Two are barely-used takeoffs from CDs I bought new, one is a well-used set from an FEG I bought used.  My CDs now wear Ahrends, Hogue wood on the MK II, and I can't remember what brand I have on the MK III.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't stand them.  I have three sets sitting in my parts box.  Two are barely-used takeoffs from CDs I bought new, one is a well-used set from an FEG I bought used.  My CDs now wear Ahrends, Hogue wood on the MK II, and I can't remember what brand I have on the MK III.

You should put them up on the equipment exchange. They should sell quick.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should put them up on the equipment exchange. They should sell quick.

I would be interested.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I plan on keeping at least one set around for as long as I have Hi Powers.  While I don't like them, they are just about bullet-proof.  Should I manage to break one of my nice wood grips, I can at least keep the pistol shootable until I can replace the grips with something I like better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
In terms of rubber grips, Uncle Mike's are my favorite. the irony is that I bought a pair in a bargain bin for $10 while waiting for a set of Pachmeyer Signature grips to arrive.  I have always liked the signatuire grips on 1911s but on the Hi Power I found I preferred the thinner profile of the Uncle Mikes grips as well as the softer and less aggresive checkering on them.

However, my favorite hi power grips are these:

grips

However much of that is based on a preference for the look and feel of nice wood.  They do however feel very similar to the uncle mikes grips and are ambidextrous grips, the major difference (other than material) is a slight swell under the thumb and trigger finger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top